- The Nationwide Park of American Samoa is an Instagram-worthy vacation spot with lovely islands, rainforests, wildlife, and coral reefs to discover. Dimension: 13,500 acres.
- Loss of life Valley Nationwide Park is finest visited in winter to keep away from excessive summer season warmth. Get pleasure from climbing, tenting, and images. Dimension: 3.4 million acres.
- Everglades Nationwide Park in Florida gives airboat excursions to see distinctive wildlife, together with alligators. Get pleasure from canoeing, wildlife recognizing, and climbing. Dimension: 1.5 million acres.
A few of the most beautiful national parks in the US are a lot much less crowded and extra reasonably priced in winter. Whereas vacationers must courageous the chilly to discover a few of the best national parks in the US to visit in winter, they’re all the time value it. Fortuitously, there are quite a few locations to flee the tough winters for hotter climate. Summers in most of those parks are insufferable, which signifies that they’re heat sufficient to discover in winter. From tropical vacationer spots to abandon areas, these are the warmest US nationwide parks to incorporate in a journey bucket listing this winter.
Large Bend Nationwide Park, Texas
Common temperature of 39.4 °F – 64.1 °F
Beautiful sundown in Large Bend Nationwide Park with vary Ocotillo blooms, probably the greatest highway journey stops in Texas, USA
One of many underrated US national parks to visit in 2023, Big Bend National Park is finest explored in winter when the temperatures are heat sufficient to take pleasure in its nice outside adventures. With a whole bunch of hen species taking refuge within the park’s mountain vary, there are quite a few birdwatching alternatives to take pleasure in right here. One can go tenting, climbing, scenic driving, or discover that park’s nature, together with the distinctive fauna and flora, in addition to the ecosystems that make up this lovely vacation spot.
- Dimension: 801,163 acres
- Entrance charge: $15 per particular person, $25 per bike, and $30 per non-public automobile
- Issues to do: Tenting, climbing, and taking scenic drives
Saguaro Nationwide Park, Arizona
Common temperature of 40 °F – 65 °F
Cacti in Saguaro Nationwide Park, Arizona, USA
Located simply exterior Tucson, Saguaro National Park is known for being house to America’s largest cacti. With temperatures of above 100 on common in the summertime, it’s all the time difficult for vacationers to see and admire the great thing about this park within the sizzling season. Fortunately, winter comes with simply the correct quantity of heat to permit one to take pleasure in a few of the most enjoyable adventures within the park. A few of the enjoyable actions to discover right here embrace climbing, tenting, scenic driving, and horseback driving.
- Dimension: 91,327 acres
- Entrance Price: $20 per bike, $15 per particular person, and $25 per non-public automobile
- Issues to do: Take scenic drives, tenting, climbing, horse-back driving
Pinnacles Nationwide Park, California
Common temperature of 44 °F – 62 °F
Pinnacles Nationwide Park, California
Pinnacles National Park is among the many U.S. nationwide parks which can be hotter in winter, and since it’s tucked away in a really distant location in Central California, not many individuals find out about it. But it surely’s an ideal winter retreat that gives superb experiences for vacationers trying to chill out and unwind in a peaceable place away from crowds. The daytime temperatures common within the 60s and 70s, with a uncommon risk of snow, normally at increased elevations. A few of the issues to do right here within the cooler season embrace backpacking, climbing, mountain climbing, tenting, and extra.
- Dimension: 26,000 acres
- Entrance Price: $15 per particular person, $25 per bike, and $30 per non-public automobile
- Issues to do: Backpacking, tenting, mountain climbing, and climbing
Everglades Nationwide Park, Florida
Common temperature of 53 °F – 77 °F
Alligator in Everglades Nationwide Park, Florida, USA
Positioned in south Florida, Everglades National Park is without doubt one of the U.S. nationwide parks which can be warmest in winter. No journey to Florida is full with out exploring this nationwide park, which is understood for alligators and different distinctive animals. Covering one and a half million acres, this park is without doubt one of the most various ecosystems on the globe and contains prairies, wetlands, and plush forests. One can take pleasure in taking canoe journeys, wildlife recognizing, or climbing via the swamp for a novel expertise of Florida. Top-of-the-line methods of taking within the beautiful surroundings of the park is by reserving Everglades airboat tours that are worth taking.
- Dimension: 1.5 million acres
- Entrance Price: $15 per traveler visiting on foot or bike, $30 per automobile. This permits entry to the park for seven consecutive days. The annual cross prices $55.
- Issues to do: Mountaineering via the swamp, canoeing, wildlife recognizing, and taking airboat excursions
Channel Islands Nationwide Park, California
Common temperature of 54 °F – 65 °F
Boats at Channel Islands California with snowy mountains within the background
With temperatures averaging within the 60s, winters are the proper instances to discover Channel Islands National Park, because the climate is comfy, permitting vacationers to discover a few of the finest points of interest and actions within the park. The breathtaking, untouched nationwide park’s islands are wild and beautiful, with every panorama coming with distinctive options and actions. The 5 islands that make up the park embrace Anacapa, Santa Cruz, Anacapa Island Mild Station, Santa Barbara, and Santa Rosa. A few of the issues to do within the park embrace climbing, whale watching, backcountry tenting, kayaking, birding, swimming, diving, and snorkeling.
- Dimension: 249,561 acres
- Entrance Price: Free
- Issues to do: Mountaineering, whale watching, backcountry tenting, kayaking, birding, swimming, diving, and snorkeling
Joshua Tree Nationwide Park, California
Common temperature of 60 °F
Panorama of Joshua Tree Nationwide Park
Joshua Tree National Park is without doubt one of the most magical locations within the US, good for stargazing, because of its location away from main cities. For one of the best stargazing experiences, guests ought to head to the park’s east aspect. Located within the Excessive Desert, at an elevation of three,000-5,000 toes above sea stage, the park gives so much for vacationers to discover, together with distinctive fauna and flora, a captivating cultural historical past, and unimaginable geological options. Throughout a visit to this aspect of California, one can take pleasure in a few of the best hikes through Joshua Tree National Park. The daytime temperatures common 60°F, with the potential for seeing a surprising dusting of snow in winter.
- Dimension: 792,623 acres with 591,624 designated wildernesses
- Customary Entrance Move: $15-$30
- Annual Entrance Move: $55
- Issues to do: Tenting, climbing, becoming a member of ranger packages, biking, climbing, and extra
Loss of life Valley Nationwide Park, California
Common temperature of 60 °F – 70 °F
Loss of life Valley underneath a blue sky
Well-known for being the most popular place on the earth, Death Valley National Park’s summer season temperatures, which may attain 130s, could be insufferable. In winter, the climate is nice sufficient to discover numerous adventures, together with climbing, horseback driving, tenting, mountain biking, climbing, and extra. Within the cooler season, vacationers will even get an opportunity to see snow-capped peaks and wildflowers and make the most of unimaginable images alternatives. Vacationers could have one of the best experiences of the park in January and February, that are thought of the coldest months.
- Dimension: 3.4 million acres
- Entrance Price: $15 – $30 commonplace
- Issues to do: Mountaineering, horseback driving, tenting, mountain biking, climbing
Dry Tortugas Nationwide Park, Florida
Common temperature of 77 °F
Dry Tortugas Nationwide Park in Florida
With daytime temperatures averaging within the 60s and 70s, Dry Tortugas National Park is without doubt one of the warmest US nationwide parks to go to in winter. Vacationers can solely entry the park by way of a seaplane or a ship from Key West. It gives superb actions to take pleasure in within the season, together with snorkeling, seaside expertise, diving, tenting, and extra. The thinner crowds additionally permit vacationers to have the park’s lovely surroundings to themselves. The park is world-famous for the historic Fort Jefferson, which is a must-visit attraction when exploring this rarely-visited gem.
- Dimension: 64,701 acres
- Entrance Price: $15 per particular person for seven days
- Issues to do: Snorkeling, seaside expertise, diving, tenting, and extra
Virgin Islands Nationwide Park, United States Virgin Islands
Common temperature of 77 °F
Virgin Islands Nationwide Park
Virgin Islands National Park protects one of the various dry tropical forests within the Caribbean, in addition to the coral reefs and marine habitats that assist the well-being of the aquatic life within the park. This park contains over 100 islands and cays, every providing its personal distinctive options, together with underwater adventures, beautiful seashores, shipwrecks, watersports, and extra. The US Virgin Islands can also be well-known for being America’s solely territory to have each coasts on each the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. A few of the must-try winter actions embrace diving, snorkeling, stress-free on the seaside, climbing, paddleboarding, and visiting historic landmarks.
- Dimension: 14,737 acres
- Entrance Price: $5 for people aged 16+
- Issues to do: Diving, snorkeling, stress-free on the seaside, climbing, paddleboarding, and visiting historic landmarks
Nationwide Park Of American Samoa
Common temperature of 78 °F – 85 °F
Vatia From The Tuafanua Path In The Nationwide Park Of American Samoa, USA
One of many most Instagrammed national parks in the US, the National Park of American Samoa by no means disappoints winter vacationers who need to escape harsh winters in different elements of the nation. The park covers three lovely islands, together with Ofu, Ta’u, and Tutuila – all housing superb tropical rainforests, great creatures, and coral reefs. There are many lovely adventures to take pleasure in right here, together with snorkeling, birdwatching, wildlife recognizing, and extra. The park covers a total of 13,500 acres, with about 4,000 acres being offshore and underwater.
- Dimension: 13,500 acres
- Entrance Price: Free
- Issues to do: Snorkeling, birdwatching, wildlife recognizing, and stress-free on the seaside