Nestled alongside the japanese financial institution of the Hudson River, roughly 25 miles north of Midtown Manhattan, Tarrytown beckons as a picturesque haven inside New York’s Westchester County. This quaint village, a part of the city of Greenburgh, boasts a wealthy historical past mirrored in its skyline adorned with citadel mansions—a legacy from its “Millionaire’s Colony” period.
Forbes’ accolade as one of many United States’ loveliest cities is well-earned, as Tarrytown provides enchanting river views, a captivating, walkable village heart studded with boutiques and cafés, a handy 35-minute categorical practice experience to Manhattan, proximity to waterfront developments, and the attract of the Hudson RiverWalk park. Heading into autumn, Tarrytown is among the many towns in Upstate New York to see fall leaves and expertise the crisp climate. In fact, it is also an interesting vacation spot to go to year-round.
Issues To Do
This complete information unveils ten fascinating issues to expertise in Tarrytown, inviting vacationers to find this Upstate gem’s scenic splendor and cultural attract. There are various small charming towns in Upstate New York, however none like Tarrytown.
Tour The Lyndhurst Mansion
The beautiful Lyndhurst Mansion in Tarrytown, New York
- Handle: 635 S Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591
- Hours: Thursday – Tuesday from 9 AM to five PM
- Tickets: $26.88 per visitor
One of many first sights to see within the Tarrytown, New York, space is the Lyndhurst Mansion. Right here lies a surprising historic landmark, initially in-built 1838. Lyndhurst, often known as the Jay Gould property, is a Gothic Revival nation home in its personal 67-acre park beside the Hudson River, making it the proper day journey in Upstate New York.
Washington Irving’s Sunnyside
Washington Irving’s Sunnyside and its surrounding lush inexperienced garden
- Handle: 3 W Sunnyside Ln, Irvington, NY 10533
The following factor to do in Tarrytown is to go to Washington Irving’s Sunnyside, a historic home on 10 acres alongside the Hudson River. Right here lies a landmark residence of the American creator Washington Irving, finest identified for his brief tales, comparable to “Rip Van Winkle” and “The Legend of Sleepy Hole.”
Stroll The Scenic Hudson RiverWalk Park At Tarrytown
The long-lasting Sleepy Hole Lighthouse at evening
- Handle: 250 W Most important St, Tarrytown, NY 10591
- Hours: Open every day from 6 AM to 11 PM
One other thought for Tarrytown, NY, visitors is to stroll alongside the Scenic Hudson RiverWalk Park. Here’s a public path area and park the place everybody can take in the solar (or really feel the autumn breeze) whereas in Tarrytown. It is stuffed with runners, pets, and nature, so give it a shot the following time you are within the space!
Drive Alongside The Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge
Tarrytown Lakes Park in NY
- Handle: I-287, Tarrytown, NY 10591
The following factor to do in Tarrytown is to drive throughout the famed Tappan Zee Bridge, formally named the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge after the previous New York governor. Right here is the place a twin cable-stayed bridge spanning the Tappan Zee part of the Hudson River between Tarrytown and Nyack, NY, spans simply 20 miles north of NYC.
Discover The Iconic Sleepy Hole Lighthouse
Tarrytown Lighthouse, New York
- Tarrytown Gentle-Kingsland Level Path, Sleepy Hole, NY 10591
As probably the most visited points of interest/landmarks in Tarrytown, the Sleepy Hole Lighthouse is one to see. Standing 60 toes tall and loaded with historical past, this lighthouse has been a staple of the group for many years. It’s a conical metal construction erected within the Eighteen Eighties. In 1979, it was listed on the Nationwide Register of Historic Locations.
Spend The Afternoon At Patriots Park
Stunning View of Downtown Tarrytown, New York
- Handle: Tarrytown, NY 10591
- Open every day from 6 AM to 10 PM
For these wanting to take in the solar in Tarrytown, heading to Patriots Park is a pleasant thought. Right here, vacationers can discover the property, situated on U.S. Route 9 alongside the boundary between Tarrytown and Sleepy Hole in Westchester County, New York. It is 4 acres and completely charming.
See A Present At Tarrytown Music Corridor
Lyndhurst Manor, Tarrytown, New York
- Handle: 13 Most important St Flooring 2, Tarrytown, NY 10591
- Hours: Wednesday – Saturday from 12-5 PM
One other sight to see in Tarrytown is the attractive Music Corridor. Right here lies the brick construction within the Queen Anne architectural type erected within the late nineteenth century, which sits within the downtown space.
Reveals are repeatedly carried out right here, so preserve an eye fixed on the website for updates.
Discover Enchanting Sleepy Hole
Trendy Headless Horseman Statue in Downtown Sleepy Hole, New York, USA
- Village in Upstate New York and a part of the Hudson Valley Area.
- Situated beside Tarrytown.
The following factor to do is head to what once was considered Tarrytown however now goes by Sleepy Hole. It is a magical village in Upstate New York that’s identified for its magnificence, allure, and pleasant residents.
Notably, Sleepy Hole is thought for being referred to as the setting of Washington Irving’s “The Legend of Sleepy Hole.” That is the proper day journey and must be enjoyable across the holidays.
Rockefeller State Park Protect
Rockefeller State Park Protect’s serene Swan Lake
- Handle: 125 Phelps Manner, Pleasantville, NY 10570
- Open 24 hours
Situated simply beside Tarrytown lies the beautiful Rockefeller State Park Protect. It is a state-owned park the place the general public can come and benefit from the surroundings 24 hours a day.
Rockefeller State Park Protect is a state park in Mount Nice, New York, within the japanese foothills of the Hudson River, and boasts many trails for visitors.
Discover The Historic Philipsburg Manor
Philipsburg Manor in Sleepy Hole, New York
- Handle: 381 N Broadway, Sleepy Hole, NY 10591
Lastly, we now have the enduring Philipsburg Manor, situated simply outdoors Tarrytown in Sleepy Hole. This location is claimed to be haunted, with a wealthy previous main again to the later 1600s.
Moreover, guests can cross the millpond bridge to Philipsburg Manor, a mill and buying and selling complicated the place an enslaved group lived and labored for generations.
Greatest Time To Go to Tarrytown, New York
Shawangunk Mountain vary in New York’s Hudson Valley
Concerning the perfect time to go to Tarrytown, that is within the fall and the summer season. Most actions fall between mid-June to late September, making that ‘prime’ time to go to. Nonetheless, any time of the yr ought to show beautiful in Upstate New York, particularly if somebody loves the outside.
- Greatest Time To Come: June by September
Greatest Methods To Get Round Tarrytown, New York
Cherry Plain State Park in Upstate New York, USA
Relating to getting round Tarrytown and the Upstate New York space, a personal automobile is required. In contrast to in New York Metropolis, the place cabs rule the streets, Tarrytown is much smaller and distant. Due to this fact, vacationers to the area ought to guess on renting a automobile or requesting an Uber/Lyft prematurely.
Fortunately, there are personal automotive providers to make use of in Tarrytown, however will probably be cheaper to hire one your self at an organization like Hertz, and so on.
- Greatest Manner Round: By personal or rented automobile
The place To Eat And Drink In Tarrytown
Sleepy Hole, New York throughout Halloween
For these hungry and thirsty throughout their trip, Tarrytown provides loads of eating places, bars, and hole-in-the-wall institutions. Listed here are some concepts for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks in Tarrytown.
Breakfast: The Bagel Emporium of Tarrytown
- Handle: 350 S Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591
- Hours: Open every day from 6 AM to 4 PM
- Serving: Contemporary, house-made bagels every day
Lunch: Sweet Grass Grill
- Handle: 24 Most important St, Tarrytown, NY 10591
- Hours: Open every day from 11:30 AM to 4 PM, reopens at 5-8:30 PM (11 AM to 9:30 on weekends)
- Serving: American menu that includes native elements in an off-the-cuff, rustic setting.
- Handle: 12 Most important St, Tarrytown, NY 10591
- Hours: Tuesday – Sunday from 1-8:30 PM
- Serving: Italian–New American bistro serving pasta, steaks & extra in a compact area.
Drinks: The Tapp
- Handle: 17 N Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591
- Hours: Tuesday – Sunday from 4 PM to 12 AM (4 PM – 2 AM Fri/Sat)
- Serving: Inviting fixture pairs elevated bar bites with craft cocktails & brews, plus TVs & blissful hour offers.
The place To Keep In Tarrytown, NY
For resorts in Tarrytown or close by, there are some choices for vacationers. Listed here are some we have discovered to suit everybody’s price range.
- Handle: 540 Noticed Mill River Highway, Elmsford, NY
- Facilities: Indoor pool, Health heart, Free Wi-Fi, Tea/espresso maker, Free Parking, Enterprise heart
Finances: West Gate Inn Nyack
- Handle: 26 Route 59, Nyack, NY 10960
- Facilities: Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, Free Wi-Fi, Espresso machine, Free Parking, Enterprise heart
- Handle: 475 White Plains Highway, Tarrytown, NY 10591
- Facilities: Health heart, Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, Free Wi-Fi, Tea/espresso maker, Espresso store, Free parking
Mid-Tier: Westchester Marriott
- Handle: 670 White Plains Highway, Tarrytown, NY 10591
- Facilities: Spa and wellness heart, Health heart, Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, Tea/espresso maker, Free parking
Luxurious: Castle Hotel & Spa
- Handle: 400 Benedict Avenue, Tarrytown, NY 10591-4330
- Facilities: Restaurant, Room service, Free Wi-Fi, Tea/espresso maker, Free Parking, Enterprise heart
- Handle: 5 Barker Avenue, White Plains, NY 10601
- Facilities: Health heart, Free Wi-Fi, Tea/espresso maker, Enterprise heart, Wi-Fi accessible in all areas, TV
Suggestions For Visiting Tarrytown, New York
Dawn within the Hudson Valley at Bear Mountain, Highlands, New York, USA
Concerning ideas for these coming to Tarrytown or the Hudson Valley Area of New York, there are issues to recollect. First, these cities and villages are small and require a automotive to get between them.
It is also price noting that resorts, inns, and leases can ebook up throughout holidays, particularly if it is peak trip season. Summer time and fall is the perfect time to come back right here, however spring and winter additionally deliver their very own set of execs.
Additionally, keep in mind to buy small and help native companies all through this charming area.
How To Spend The Excellent Day In Tarrytown
Water flows by the village of Sleepy Hole
For these in Tarrytown desirous to attempt one thing new, it may very well be enjoyable to go to historic locations, just like the Lyndhurst Mansion and Sleepy Hole Lighthouse, and even stroll alongside the Hudson River. Tarrytown is stuffed with locations to discover, so do not be nervous to take just a few detours!
Seize lunch on the town and head to Sleepy Hole for a day of enjoyable and enchantment. From there, return to the resort, order room service, and do all of it once more tomorrow. Have enjoyable!