Florida’s Gulf Coast is a treasure trove of seashore cities price visiting not less than as soon as in a lifetime. With their pristine white sand seashores, clear blue waters, and limitless sunshine, these cities provide the proper escape for anybody trying to rejuvenate and unwind. From the bustling seashores of Key West to the charming cities of Bonita Springs and Miramar, there’s one thing for everybody right here.
So, if somebody is on the lookout for a seashore trip combining leisure, journey, and tradition, head right down to Florida’s Gulf Coast and uncover one of the best seashore cities this paradise provides. Vacationers won’t ever wish to depart with a lot to see and do within the Sunshine State.
UPDATE: 2023/04/08 13:57 EST BY NOAH STAATS
The Hunt For Florida’s Greatest Gulf Coast Seaside Cities Continues!
This text has been refreshed with much more of one of the best Florida Gulf Coast cities, in addition to ideas for a soothing seashore trip and issues to do at every respective place.
Clearwater Seaside, Florida
- Clearwater is a laid-back, mid-size coastal metropolis.
- Residence to the well-known Clearwater Marine Aquarium.
Situated within the Tampa Bay Space, Clearwater, Florida, is a shocking, laid-back city with a inhabitants of roughly 120,000. Among the best seashore cities on the Gulf Coast of Florida, this place is called the Sunshine Metropolis due to its nice climate and vibrant, sunny situations.
Clearwater contains a 3-mile stretch of white sand backed by lodges and eating places, all of which make up a energetic downtown space. The Clearwater Marine Aquarium additionally hosts injured sea life and has been documented in varied films, TV exhibits, and documentaries.
Skyline on the bay at daybreak of Sarasota, Flordia
- Sarasota is south of Tampa and sits on Florida’s Gulf Coast.
- This metropolis was as soon as the winter dwelling of the Ringling Brothers Circus.
- Sarasota is dearer, pandering to the posh market.
One other nice Gulf-Coast city in Florida price visiting is Sarasota. This metropolis is south of Tampa on Florida’s Gulf Coast and was as soon as the winter dwelling of the Ringling Brothers Circus. Sarasota, Florida, tends to be dearer, because it’s crammed with nice eating, purchasing, and luxurious houses, flats, and lodges.
Moreover, the Sarasota space is dwelling to miles of seashores with smooth white sand and shallow waters, together with Lido Seaside and Siesta Key Seaside.
17 Miramar Seaside
Accommodations and seashore cottages line the sands of Miramar Seaside.
- Miramar Seaside mixes traditional Florida allure with upscale facilities and points of interest.
- This space is taken into account one of many extra charming cities in Florida.
- There are many locations to remain throughout a visit right here, with lodges and condos overlooking the Gulf of Mexico.
Miramar Seaside is among the many most charming seashore cities on the Florida gulf coast. It’s a classical enclave off the coast resulting from its scenic seashore roads, resorts, and sumptuous eating places. As well as, it has stunning condos with a sweeping view of the Gulf of Mexico.
Extremely-modern services are perfect for household journeys that are complimented by state-of-the-art purchasing experiences. Silver Sands Premium Shops is without doubt one of the most outstanding designer outlet spots within the States. So, not solely can somebody get a tan right here, however they’re going to additionally have the ability to replenish on new fashions.
16 Bonita Springs, Florida
Shut-up of waves crashing at Bonita Springs Seaside in Florida.
- A part of Bonita Springs lies on Hickory Island, separating Estero Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.
- Bonita Springs is positioned in Southwest Florida and options many close by locations.
- Bonita Springs repeatedly makes lists of the highest seashores within the state.
A part of Bonita Springs lies on Hickory Island, separating Estero Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. Town is within the Southwest of Florida and comprises a number of seashores and parks. It additionally has a boardwalk and a swimming space devoted to offering guests with pure baths and extraordinary relaxed encounters. Vacationers attest to why town was named one of many high ten seashores.
It is also price mentioning that Bonita Springs Beach provides showers for guests, in addition to on-site parking. There are additionally play and picnic areas on the Bonita Springs Seaside Park, which can be enjoyable for households touring to the coastal metropolis.
15 Saint George Island
Seaside chairs on caldesi island, the seashore on st. george island
- Saint George is thought for its peacefulness and less-crowded seashores.
- Many seashores and points of interest round Saint George, Florida, are pet-friendly.
- Saint George Island State Park provides mountain climbing, water sports activities, birding, and swimming.
Saint George Island is without doubt one of the most therapeutic cities in Florida, making it the best journey vacation spot for households. It has distinctive eating places and bars that tempt vacationers to overspend. The city’s unique nature appears forgotten, however the metropolis is having fun with its pure magnificence amazingly. One bonus right here is that locations round city are pet pleasant.
St. George Island State Park provides one of the best mountain climbing actions, water sports activities, birding, and swimming. Its luxurious resorts make it a top-rated spot for high-end shoppers. There’s sufficient luxurious to make even a brief weekend getaway memorable right here.
14 Captiva Island
Seaside sundown at Captiva Island in Florida
- Captiva Island is three miles from Fort Myers.
- This city has a classic allure and distinctive structure.
- Captiva has a energetic bar and restaurant scene.
Captiva Island is located roughly three miles from Fort Myers. Its classic model and charming nature make it some of the therapeutic seashore cities on the gulf coast. Individuals worldwide are curious to find the character of a city the place no automobiles are allowed. Regardless that vacationers come to the island with the final word aim of disconnecting from the noisy world, they nonetheless discover loads of bars and eating places for enjoyment.
Mucky Duck Restaurant & Bar is colorfully adorned to unravel a nautical really feel. Attributable to its uncrowded nature and heat sandy seashores, Captiva Island is right for a household setting that, if fortunate, will spot sea life, observe birds, and dance with dolphins.
Captiva Island is inside a brief drive from Fort Myers and Fort Myers Seaside, which can be a enjoyable excuse to skip over to the following city for a dual-beach day.
13 Cedar Key
Birds flocking within the water at Cedar Key, Florida, USA
- Cedar Secret’s the second-oldest city in Florida.
- Guests can discover historic buildings and landmarks all through this coastal metropolis.
- Cedar Secret’s identified to have stunning, decade-old cedar timber lining the streets.
Being the second-oldest city in Florida, Cedar Key preserves the heritage of the Gulf Coast. It is the most effective Florida seashore cities Gulf Coast locations have to supply historical past lovers; this spot boasts charming harbors, historic buildings, and generational companies constructed on the shore alongside the oceanfront. One fascinating purpose to go to town is to witness its enriching historical past.
After being based in 1849, the hurricane wiped it away lower than a century later. Cedar timber regrew later, making it some of the picturesque locations on the gulf coast. Fishing, biking, and kayaking is the final word technique to benefit from the metropolis.
If somebody desires to discover a historic Florida seashore city, Cedar Key is an ideal selection. That is the second-oldest established metropolis in Florida, making it best for historical past buffs.
12 Madeira Seaside
Chairs and umbrellas out at Madeira Seaside in Florida
- Madeira Seaside has a wealthy pirate historical past.
- There are numerous eating places and retailers round Madeira Seaside, Florida.
- Guests could wish to try the Mad Craft brewery after hitting the seashore.
Contemplating the number of actions and wonder in Madeira Seaside, it’s undoubtedly one in every of Florida’s finest Gulf Coast cities. Vacationers can begin by visiting John’s Go Village and study in regards to the pirate who first referred to Madeira Seaside as a house.
The city harbors over 100 eating places and purchasing facilities. Foodies and wine lovers are properly catered for since Florida Vineyard provides free tasting. Lastly, beer fans can go to Mad Craft brewing firm for a mind-blowing expertise.
11 Tarpon Spring
Sundown in Tarpon Springs in Florida
- Tarpon Springs has a thriving Greek neighborhood.
- There are a lot of vintage shops in Tarpon Springs, Florida.
- Tarpon Springs is thought for its sponges dropped at shore from close by waters.
Historical past lovers can’t afford to skip visiting this enriched Florida Gulf Coast city. Town is wealthy in vintage merchandise retailers, sponge retailers, and artwork galleries. A number of the finest Greek eating places nationwide are discovered on this city. Tarpon Springs hosts the biggest inhabitants of the Greek neighborhood, who go down the historical past as among the originators of civilization.
Each historian and photographer would wish to go to the place, study in regards to the Epiphany celebration, and seize moments of the Greek Seafood Pageant.
Tarpon Springs has a wealthy Greek historical past, with many companies nonetheless being Greek owned to today. Exploring eating places, lodges, vintage shops, and non secular websites could also be a pleasant technique to meet up with Greek tradition.
10 Anna Maria Island
Parasailing over Anna Maria Island
- Anna Maria Island is roughly two miles from Sarasota and its seashores.
- This city has an old style, “traditional Florida” really feel.
- Horse using, shipwrecking excursions, and loads of pure sightseeing can be found to guests.
Anna Mariah Island is roughly two miles from Sarasota on the Gulf Coast. Disallowing large developments on the land preserves its distinctive old style really feel. Regardless that it is a small city, Anna Maria Island provides vacationers a variety of actions.
Taking a horse trip on the seashore and diving at Bradenton Shipwreck is heavenly. Moreover, town is dwelling to dolphins, turtles, manatees, and a fowl sanctuary, which is useful for photographers. As such, it is the most effective Gulf Coast seashore cities in Florida for individuals who take pleasure in nature and wildlife.
9 Siesta Key
Siesta Key Seaside, Sarasota, Florida
- Siesta Secret’s identified for its clear, shallow waters.
- There are a lot of purchasing malls, bars, and occasions taking place in Siesta Key.
- It is a fashionable spring break location for Florida residents and people in close by states.
Its shallow waters, white sand, and tropical really feel make it a preferred vacation spot for people looking for to flee life’s day by day grind. Loads of eating places, some of America’s huge shopping malls, bars, and occasions enable vacationers to rejoin the world after rejuvenating their minds. Crescent Seaside is right for a household setting, and progressing in direction of limestone rocks to fish is permitted.
It may very well be enjoyable to plan a visit to benefit from the tours and activities in the Florida Keys, as there’s at all times one thing to do. This complete space on the Gulf Coast of Florida is jam-packed with seashores, quirky lodges and eating places, and historical past that solely the Sunshine State can present.
8 Sanibel Island
a seashore on sanibel island in florida
- Sanibel Island is a extra secluded, quiet seashore city in Florida.
- Boating here’s a favourite cross time for guests and residents.
- The world is family-friendly.
Off the coast of Florida stands the quietest, most charming, and most remoted seashore city (some even say it is one of many best beach towns to live in, not simply go to). Company who go to this island city have the calmest time of their life, away from the noisy world. It is a wonderful decide for a household getaway. Boating and swimming on its white sunny seashores by no means get previous, nor does a stroll in its surrounding lush tropical forest.
Sanibel Island is the proper selection if somebody desires to spend a soothing, quiet week with their household. As a result of it is smaller and has fewer “huge identify” shops and occasions, Sanibel Island tends to have extra tranquil year-round power.
Sand dunes Seaside Seaside in Florida
- Seaside is off Freeway 30 in South Walton.
- This city is called one of many cutest in Florida, providing walkable entry to almost every part.
- There are quaint retailers, lodges, eateries, and extra to discover in Seaside, Florida.
Off-Freeway 30A in South Walton, individuals can discover the attractive small seashore city of Seaside, which was designed to be one of many cutest areas in Florida. This gulf coast city is walkable, the place the Truman Present was filmed. The ambiance, structure, downtown retailers, eating places, and white sand seashores distinguish Seaside. Guests to the seashore city are beneficial to dine at Vue, positioned on 30A and acknowledged because the area’s finest waterfront sundown and eating.
6 St. Petersburg
A shot of the brand new St. Pete Pier, St Petersburg, FL
- St. Petersburg contains a new pier, white sand seashores, blue water, and lots of enjoyable occasions all year long.
- This metropolis is thought to have among the finest seashores in Florida.
This seashore city in Florida is called the Sunshine Metropolis, and it may be simply reached from Clearwater and Tampa. St. Pete Seaside, or St. Petersburg, is positioned on the Gulf Coast in Central Florida and is called the most effective seashore cities within the state. Iconic white sand and turquoise Gulf of Mexico waters set St. Pete’s seashores aside.
Individuals visiting this seashore city should additionally discover the hidden Sunken gardens, free murals throughout the downtown space, museums, seashore bars, eating places, rooftops, and breweries.
5 Henderson Seaside State Park, Destin
Two chairs within the sand overlooking the turquoise ocean in Destin
- This seashore city options nice tenting alternatives.
- Destin, Florida, is thought for superb fishing.
One should not miss the attractive Henderson Seaside State Park on Florida’s Emerald Coast. The protected nirvana options innate magnificence with a nature path and 60 campsites. Turtles, dolphins, and birds, together with brown pelicans and black skimmers, could be discovered right here. This seashore is positioned in Destin, which is called the luckiest fishing village on the planet.
4 Venice Seaside
Lifeguard Tower in Venice Seaside, Florida
- Venice Seaside is thought to be clear.
- This city has been named the “shark tooth capital of the world.”
- Nesting turtles could be seen right here between Could and October.
Vacationers flock to Venice Seaside in Florida for its pristine situations, thus rating it among the many high Gulf cities in Florida. They’ll additionally profit from varied facilities, together with concessions, a boardwalk, volleyball courts, a sail-shaped pavilion, and restrooms. Many vacationers think about Venice, Florida, to be a little bit of Italy, in order that may very well be enjoyable for these eager to soak in Italian-inspired delicacies, tradition, purchasing, and many others.
Individuals coming to Venice Seaside will spot fossilized shark enamel on the shores of Venice Seaside, referred to as the “shark tooth capital of the world.” These enamel can principally be seen on Venice Jetty. Nestling turtles will also be noticed between Could and October in Venice Seaside.
3 Key West
Key West Lighthouse, Florida
- Key West is on the southernmost tip of Florida.
- This city options among the state’s hottest seashores, in addition to the favored Duval Road, the place numerous purchasing and nightlife takes place.
- Key West is roughly 95 miles from Cuba.
Key West offers plenty of things to do, unsurprising because it is without doubt one of the most well-known seashore locations in Florida. It marks the tip of the highway for these touring down by way of Florida (though it would not have to be the tip of the journey – consider taking the ferry to visit Dry Tortugas National Park).
The island is 4 miles lengthy and one mile lengthy and is the southernmost finish of US Route 1. From Key West, persons are solely 95 miles from Cuba. One of many island’s hottest points of interest is the Key West Lighthouse, which people can climb. Additionally, the island’s well-known Duval Street is where lots of retail therapy can be enjoyed. Plus, Duval Street offers some excellent nightlife.
Pensacola, Florida, seashore throughout sundown with waves
- Pensacola is Florida’s westernmost metropolis.
- This seashore metropolis is without doubt one of the oldest European settlements in the US.
Out on Florida Panhandle is Pensacola – the westernmost metropolis of Florida. The Florida Panhandle is famous for being distinctly Southern in culture and flavor. It’s a metropolis of solely 54,000 and is famend for its gorgeous seashores. Notably, Pensacola is the positioning of one of many oldest European settlements in what’s right now the USA. It was the positioning of a Spanish settlement even predating that of St. Augustine by six years (in 1559) – though the settlement was deserted and never inhabited once more till 1698.
Islamorada, Florida Keys, Florida
- Islamorada is positioned between Miami and Key West.
- This space is unfold over 5 islands: Tea Desk Key, Decrease Matecumbe Key, Higher Matecumbe Key, Windley Key, and Plantation Key.
Earlier than holidaymakers get to Key West, they need to think about stopping at Islamorada, one of many prettiest Gulf Coast cities in Florida. Islamorada is an integrated village between Miami and Key West. It’s unfold over 5 islands: Tea Desk Key, Decrease Matecumbe Key, Higher Matecumbe Key, Windley Key, and Plantation Key. It has a inhabitants of round 7,000 residents and is a good place to benefit from the tropics of the Caribbean.